Do you remember when you kicked leaves as a little child and thought that was the best fun? Well, I still do and now I teach my son to have fun with it too. Autumn is colorful. It is the season of harvest that precedes the cold winter months. Ah boy, and colds and flus….The temperature begins to drop and the air becomes dryer as winds blow and leaves fall. So let me share with you a few tips what you can do to enjoy all aspects of these months 🙂
Each change of season is a transitional period in nature and our bodies follow suit even if we are unconscious of what’s happening. Autumn is a time when leaves fall and vegetation is either harvested or dies off. During this natural cycle, mould is released. Even though mould is airborne year round, this extra release can be a stress on the immune system.
Support your immune system
Depending on your individual state of Active Wellness, the immune system either continues working well or becomes overloaded during autumn. Digestion may not be as smooth and the foods that worked well during the summer may suddenly be overwhelming. Autumn is therefore an ideal time to reduce the toxic load on the immune and digestive systems. In fact, since 60 to 80% of the immune system revolves around the digestive system, the two impact each other a great deal.1
In addition to being the perfect time to incorporate KENZEN Lactoferrin® 2.0 into your daily task, here are some things to do that may help decrease toxic overload:
1. Minimise exposure to chemical toxins in the environment or in products you might use on a daily basis, including cosmetics, laundry detergent, cleaners, plastics, air fresheners, etc.
2. Try using unscented cleaners and detergents. Scented products often are full of artificial ingredients that tend to burden the immune and digestive systems.
3. Read labels and try eating food without artificial coloring and preservatives. Processed foods in general may irritate sensitive digestive tracts.
4. Pay attention to food sensitivities. This is a great time of the year to eat foods that warm you up, just as summer was a perfect time to eat cooling salads. A rule of thumb is to heed Nature and eat what grows seasonally such as pumpkins, squash, root vegetables (beets and turnips), dark leafy greens and anything is locally grown.
5. Store your reusable plastic bags and containers in closed cupboards and air-tight containers. Plastics contain petrochemical molecules that are airborne, especially indoors.
6. Drink filtered water. Chlorine is a harsh chemical placed in many municipal water systems. The PiMag Waterfall® exceeds the standard for chlorine reduction and helps households filter tap water and reduce or eliminate the use of bottled water, contributing to the environment. Add the KENZEN® Super Ciaga® to your PiMag Water. A delicious organic mix drink with 100% fruit and a high ORAC value (antioxidant), the Super Ciaga could help towards the maintenance of a strong immune system.
7. To help keep a healthy gut, traditional Chinese medicine recommends eating moistening foods such as tofu, tempeh, spinach, barley, pears, apples, seaweed, mushrooms, almonds and sesame seeds.2
8. Protect your skin from the dryness the elements might cause. Use a moisturiser such as TRUE elements® Marine Organic Youthful Face Cream at night and Nourishing Face Cream during the day
Try to get plenty of rest and sleep to help keep your immune system happy and enjoy this beautiful season!
Which one(s) was the most surprising? For me actually it was #5.
Have you found this article useful? If yes, feel free to share. Help someone change their life!
Helping You Create Healthier Life in 5 Areas
Skype: Lucie Patel Varekova
Email: [email protected]