Have you just sat down on a sofa with a cup of tea next to you and looked through the window thoughts drifting off into imagining what your life would be like if … ? It’s a wonderful way to be with yourself and dreaming because as Walt Disney said :”If you can dream it, you can do it.” Spending time with yourself is a very productive time to really picture the life you want; the work you want to do in the world, the person you want to meet, the places you want to visit, etc.
In the book “Goal mapping, the practical workbook. How to turn your dreams into realities (page 111-115)” Brian Mayne explains in more details what day dreaming is and how to do it.
What do you want?
The first step of setting any intention is to Dream. It’s purely right-brain function. Your right-brain looks forward with the gift of imagination and visualization. Activating your right-brain allows you to ‘see what you want’ and hence begin your journey towards it.
There are many ways to activate your right-brain and most of them involve some form of relaxation and change in breathing. If you already have a favorite technique use it or follow this one.
Free your mind to find the flow
- Sit in a comfortable position with your hands in your lap
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and hold it; without letting it go inhale second time, so that your breath goes all the way down to your stomach. Wait a moment, before breathing out slowly through your mouth while saying the word “RELAX’ to yourself, three times.
- Repeat the breathing exercise, this time saying the words ‘ I AM, three times.
- Repeat ones more, while saying the word, ‘WITHIN’, three times.
- Your command to yourself is: ‘RELAX – I AM WITHIN’.
- Imagine you can relax every part on your body from head through your middle part of your body to toes
- Next lightly push the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth for a moment and imagine yourself strolling along beautiful sandy seashore. A clear blue sky, warm breeze, wet sand between your toes.
- As you walk along a safe shore, you spot a small blue bottle poking from the sand. You pick it up and the top comes open and there appears a large blue shinning genie.
- The genie says, ‘Your wish is my command. Anything you truly desire I will obey. Any thought that you hold in your heart I will help you achieve.’
I want you to take yourself forward in time knowing you have the power to create your life exactly as you would choose it to be.
- What does success look like for me?
- What are some of the important areas of my life?
- What are the major activities that make my day?
- What type of home am I living in and where is it?
- What style of car do I drive?
- What kind of work do I choose?
- Who are the people around me?
- Who are you being as a person?
Take quickly a piece of paper and start jotting down the key words.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook. Or email me if you’d like to talk more.